Thursday, March 15, 2012

ferrari california white

I think its been about a year since we did a review on this ones older sister. I actually thought this wine was an '06 so I purchased it just to drink. But as I started to pour us a glass I noticed this was an 07. SO here is the classy part! We really, really, try to eat healthy 90 % of the time. Not that my girlish figure hasn't got any better with all the damn fresh spinach, fish, chicken and seafood I eat.







So about once a month we have a bad day. Not knowing we were supposed to pair this with a nice meal we just paired it with the our extremely Bad meal of the night...Good ole fattening, breaded delicious fish sticks. I know, can you believe it? Childhood memories prevailed as we consumed this oh so bad meal with the wine of the night! To balance the intake of the scrumptious "fatty" food, we ate more spinach salad to balance it all "..." Surprised we haven't gotten salmonella yet, No KD This is not a hint; keep the spinach coming.

Back to the wine, Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc '07. You know here in California we have endured a heat spell 100+ degree heat and so chilled white wine tastes good on any occasion. This Fume Blanc is good, maybe not as much as the 06, however on a 106 degree day it hit's the spot. Its refreshing and full of fresh citrus flavors. This wine would be great with a chilled seafood salad such as a shrimp Louie. Worth buying if you like a dryer, crisp white for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...